Friday, August 22, 2008

Sunday Scribblings
Sunday Scribblings was set up to provide inspiration and motivation for anyone who enjoys writing and would like a weekly challenge. But my true story is much more romantic than any story that I could make up. I have been married for 37 years to my soul mate.

He had just returned from Vietnam, June 1969 and I was visiting my sister who lived on the same street as his family. My sister was married and had two children and she knew that I was looking for a new boyfriend. She suggested that we ride her bicycles around the block because this nice looking guy who had just returned from Vietnam was always outside working on his BMW. Sure enough, there he was working on that yellow, soon to be repainted silver BMW. We stopped and chatted, she then invited him down to have ice cream. Well, wouldn’t you know it she was out of ice cream. So she sent the two of us to the grocery store. ( I think she planned it that way)
After the very first date I knew immediately that I had found my soul mate. He knew it too.


We were married June 26, 1971.

5 comments:

Granny Smith said...

I love the wedding photo! I wish you many more years of happiness.

Vicki G. said...

What a great story. I sure am glad you listened to your sister and met him, or else I wouldn't be here!! :) Love you!

Maree Jones said...

I love your wedding dress!

Karla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karla said...

I have never seen a young picture of Vic that I remember! Thanks for sharing. You're in my story. Check it out.