Sunday, September 28, 2008

SUNDAY SCRIBBLINGS


I decided not to write about Weddings since I have already touched that subject in my other scribblings. Instead I decided to do a self inventory. Now you might ask yourself why would I want to make a public confession of my faults. I think it’s because my main fault or flaw is that I am perfectly happy being a hermit and find that interaction with other people is a necessary evil that I try to avoid like the plague.

I just recently retired. I was Vice President, Chief Operations Officer of a nice size corporation and had to deal with people on a daily basis. So it’s not as if I’m not capable of talking and dealing with people. I think it’s more that I am tired of dealing with people. But as a Christian I know that it really is my duty to be a light to others and to show them God’s love. I must continue to be salt

My husband and I cared for his mother before she passed away, and we are still caring for his Aunt and my Aunt. It is so hard to see your loved ones age. Someday I will ask God why we can’t just say “Beam me up Scotty” instead of going through such an undignified aging process.

My other confession is that part of me wants to give up writing on this blog. It makes my mind hurt. It seems as if I don’t want to do anything that taxes my brain, but if I don’t then the synapses might stop working. Is it laziness or is it because I have always been ADD and it’s just getting worse.

My husband and I just recently joined the local Recreation Center. We try to go swimming at least three days a week. I know that once the weather gets cold he will have to drag me out of this warm house to that cold pool.

Someone needs to write a book about life after 60 to help people understand why all of the sudden doing simple things like making the bed or scrubbing the kitchen floor seem like monumental task.

Now don’t misunderstand me, I love life. I love my family, especially my grandchildren. I have become lazy and this is a new experience for me, one that I think I better shake before winter gets here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to not give up on people...now you have the chance to hang with only those you really want...You also need to keep your mind active...You should blog/write the same time evry day...make it a job, but make it fun...don't be so serious...blog posts don't always have to be original.

Terrie said...

Thanks Marty

Maree Jones said...

I have the hermit tendency in me too. Maybe this is a new season for you. It is natural to want to slow down and look within after such a big life change. You don't want to stagnate, as you say, but a little down time might be nice. :)

Terrie said...

Thank you Beautiful,
I agree down time is great and perhaps after a little rest I will regain my energy. Caregiving for the elderly can be very taxing.

madam said...

Я случайно... говорят ничего не бывает случайным, зашла на Ваш блог. То, что пишите - очень созвучно и моей жизни.Спасибо, что ВЫ есть.
Мне 54 года, скоро пенсия.Я русская, уже 2 года живу в Испании, воспитываю внуков. Осваиваю интернет и делаю это тоже, чтобы работал мозг.
Много общаться сейчас тоже не хочу - общалась на работе в России.
Начала блог. Пишу мало. Глядя на Вас буду писать больше.
Понравилось фото и вопросы про сумку. Переписала себе.
Может быть еще встречу Вас в интернете. Я только учусь.
Здоровья Вам и Вашей семье. Благополучия,счастья! Да поможет Вам Господь.
I am casual... Speak happens nothing casual, has come on your blog. That write - very conformably and my life. Thanks that YOU are. To me 54 years, soon pension. I Russian, live 2 years in Spain, I bring up grandsons. I master the Internet and I do it too that the brain worked. Many to communicate now too I do not want - communicated on work in Russia. Has begun a blog. I write a little. Looking at you I will write more. It was pleasant to a photo and questions about a bag. Has copied to itself. Can be still a meeting you on the Internet. I only study. Health to you and your family. Well-being, happiness! Yes the Lord will help you.