Saturday, September 13, 2008

SUNDAY SCRIBBLINGS / COFFEE

Coffee
Oh my favorite subject.
My favorite drink.
The reason I wake up in the morning,
The reason I get out of bed.
Just to smell and taste coffee - a pot (not cup) of coffee.
Oh it’s 3 pm, wow it’s time for more coffee.
Oh no thank you, no sugar please!!
Yes, a little dab of milk would be nice.
Flavored? Well..... ok, but not in the morning
just give me a regular cup of Joe
You know a cup of coffee with dinner would be nice too!
What? What’s that you say, you only have instant.
No thank you, I will go to the store and get some real coffee.
Thanks anyway.
Oh, you think I am addicted.
Well maybe, but they say it will help keep my mind sharp.
That’s a pretty good excuse, don’t you think.
Yes, you're right I do love my coffee!


10 comments:

Granny Smith said...

My sentiments exactly! Does anyone actually drink instant coffee? But ah! the scent of freshly brewed coffee in the morning - or the afternoon - or the evening...

Roan said...

No instant coffee for me. Great piece!

Anonymous said...

good scribble...

susan said...

There is something about a good meal at a restaurant followed by a good cup of coffee.

Tumblewords: said...

Nice post!

Vicki G. said...

This is a wonderful love letter. I'm sure Dad must be jealous. :)

Linda Jacobs said...

I like your poem! Most people are writing prose this week, so a poem is welcomed! Well done!

Anonymous said...

Isn't coffee grand?!! I think I'll have a large espresso right now.

Karla said...

I've never liked even the smell of coffee. Liking coffee is so very foreign to me. I typically don't like to eat or drink anything I don't like the smell of first.

Mersea said...

Amen, Karla! :D

Love you, Terrie!